Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunday Services


We had a great, but very busy day yesterday. We were asked to come to Iglesia Bautista Peniel here in Teguc for the morning service. They had a special service for us. They had some people come and give testimonies and they gave us a special glass plaque thanking us for the work we have done in Ojojona. It was great to see everyone again. We try not to go to church there to often as they are an autonomus church and we don't want people to come to us for advise instead of the pastor. It was very special that they recognized the work we have done and wanted to thank us.
After church we got to eat at McDonalds as we didn't have time to go home and make lunch before the service in Ojojona. The kids loved that and I have to admit, so did I. The McDonalds here is different than at home. It actually tastes good. I did not like McDonalds in the states, but I love them here. Anyway, we picked up Ernesto and his wife after we ate lunch and drove to Ojojona. We were amazed when it did not rain at all on the drive up there or while we were at church.
I got to teach Sunday school this week as Reina (pictured here with her family, Josue, Daniela, and Alisandra) broke her foot on Friday night and has had to keep it elevated. The kids miss her, but we had a great turnout with 15 kids. I am sure that the Sunday school will continue strong in our absence. I was also able to watch nursery and we had 13 kids for that. God is blessing with many faithful people.
We got Audrey's room packed up after church on Sunday night. It wasn't a lot of work, but after the full day that we had, it was all I could manage to get done. Now everything that she wears and has washed will go straight into her suitcase. I still need to go through her suitcase again as I was not paying close attention when I was packing and I probably packed some old t-shirts that don't fit her anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment