Thursday, June 01, 2006

House rental

We finally have word on the status of the International School renting our house fully furnished. The answer is yes!!! We were told that they did not want it for the price we were paying, but because they had not let us know and we were between a rock and a hard place, they are going to honor what they first told us. They told Jason that we are paying way to much for this house. They do not seem to understand that we are from the states. When you are from the states people automatically charge you more than they do others. Most Hondurans are so suprized when they go somewhere with us and find out what we have to pay for things.
Anyway, I have so much to do now. I had originally planned to go through the house and write a detailed list of what we were leaving. I had planned to do this before we left, but now I have to have it done on Monday. That just pushes everything on the front burner.
The Jacksons have a group coming in today. We spent this morning helping them get ready for 19 people. They have borrowed every bed they could find. We sold them the kids bunk beds and let them borrow the queen bed Audrey slept on. Our kids are excited that they get to sleep on the cots. We will see if they are still excited when we get the beds back. Jordan does not want to sell his "up bed" as he calls it. We told him that we were going to get some better ones made when we get back, but he is still not sure if he likes that idea. For the next nine days the Jacksons house is a hodgepodge of the Tate and Jackson houses. They have borrowed half of my plates, bowls, cups, sheets, ect. It is great for me because I will just have them pack them up for me and it is less work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment