Saturday, September 22, 2007

weekend weather

We have had some wild weather this weekend. It has rained so much that we have "lake Tate" on our front steps. Today we had to go and get birthday gifts for the Sunday School kids who had birthdays this past week. While we were leaving, it started raining so hard that you couldn't see but a few feet in front of you. It has been so cool that I am about to get out my turtlenecks sweaters. This afternoon I took advantage of the rain and kids napping and laid down for about 30 minutes. I had a lot of things to do, but to hear the rain on the metal roof. It is so peaceful and relaxing. It was like being in Seattle again when the day is gray and cool.

I am praying that it will not be rainy tomorrow. If it rains like it has the past few days, then we will have to close the doors to the Sunday School classroom to keep us dry. Just imagine close to 40 kids and 2 adults in a room that is 6' X 8' and you will know why that is not a good idea.

This week during discipleship we talked about forgiveness. The lady I am discipling was really hurt by someone in the church when we were in the states. We talked about it and I explained that bitterness and anger only poison the container that holds them. Well to make a long story short, this same person that had offended them opened his mouth and offended them again while we were in the car on the way to church Thursday night. He told a joke and even I didn't think it was funny. The next day, the lady I am discipling called this man on her own and told him what he had done and how that had hurt her and her family. She then told him that she forgave him. He called us and told us that and I was so excited to see the growth that she has displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment