Thursday, September 20, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

A few years ago a friend sent me the link to a recipe site called Top Secret Recipes. These are the recipes from leading businesses that have been developed by the site owner. I was looking for a recipe for something to make for desert the other night and I found the recipe for Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies. I made them and they were really flat, but the flavor was so good that last night I thought I would try the recipe again and add more flour. They turned out awesome. There are a few left today and they are still as soft and chewy as when they were just made. I have a new favorite recipe. Here is the recipe with the changes I made already added.

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients
5. Stir in chocolate chips
6. With your fingers, place golf ball sized dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet
7. Bake for 10 minutes or just until the edges are light brown.

Makes 2 dozen cookies

Hint -- Even though they don't look done, take them out at 10 minutes (11 at the most). After you take them out let them sit on the cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer them to a cookie rack to cool completely.

In other news from Honduras, nothing has happened in the past few days. Except for school, I have had a few relaxing days.

No comments:

Post a Comment