Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sunday

I was meaning to type this up yesterday,but unfortunately it didn't happen.

We had a great day on Sunday. It was very rainy and Jason preached in Sabana Grande for a missionary that is in the states for a few weeks. Therefore, it was my privilege to drive the big green monster (or Ford F-250) to church. We stopped to pick up some people in Los Jutes, but I wasn't expecting very many. Jason had called them and told them that they would have to walk to the highway and I would pick them up there. It takes them about 30 minutes to walk to the highway and when it is raining it is not the most fun thing to do. I was amazed that when I got to the turn off point that there were quite a few people waiting on me.

Church attendance was down because of the rain, but we did have 17 in the service and about 20 kids in for Sunday School. We are thankful for the faithful people that God is giving us.

As Jason was in Sabana Grande, Louis Alonzo from Iglesia Baptista Peniel (Peniel Baptist Church) preached for us. He is a great preacher. He is easily understood to everyone.

Rueben, who was in charge of leading the service and the electrician for the President, had to leave during the preaching as the President's son called him in to come and work. Rueben told him that if he wanted him to work on Sunday that he would have to come and pick him up. This gave Rueben time to lead the singing and stay for most of the preaching.

I was greatly relieved when I was able to turn the truck around to leave without hitting anyone or anything. I had Luis Alonzo in front and Douglas in the back and they did a great job of helping me. The road in front of the church is only about 6 inches wider than the length of the truck so it takes quite a few movements to turn it around. That was my biggest concern, but even to do that I had to put the truck in to 4 WD as the road was so muddy it couldn't get traction.

I am thankful for the great day we had and even more thankful that I don't have to drive every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment