Monday, October 15, 2007

A Bee In My Pocket

What are the 9 words that strike fear in every mom. They are "Hey Mom, I have a bee in my pocket". These same words were spoken to me by Jordan. I had asked him to beat a rug for me. He came in with his hand over his shirt pocket. I thought he had confused a bee with another type of bug. No, it turns out that Jordan knows exactly what a bee looks like and he had captured a live one that was trying to get out of his pocket. What I don't understand is how he was able to capture a live bee with nothing more than his two hands. And more than that, how he was able to put it into a dress shirt pocket without even getting stung. He is going to be one of those kids that if they make it to adulthood without killing himself we will be amazed. This morning I also found a slug that he had bought into his room. We made a science project out of that one with a little bit of salt.

This past week and a half have been CRAZY. Jason has been gone to meetings most of the time and there just isn't enough hours in the day to do everything.

In the past two weeks we have had a great baptismal service (two young men were baptized), two record high Sunday school classes, and so much rain that we are water logged. There are two types of rain in Honduras. The first is a fierce rain that washes everything (garbage) down the rivers. This clogs up every drain in the country which in turn produces massive flooding. The second type of rain is the soft Seattle rain. It completely soaks everything which causes every hillside and retaining wall to slide into the river which in turn produces flooding too. The rain of the past two weeks has been the second kind. I have never seen the roads in Ojojona so thick with mud. I am so thankful that I don't have to walk to church.

Yesterday we had 40 kids in Sunday school and we were missing some of our faithful kids. It is such a blessing to have Xiomara and Nelly help me with crowd control and attendance. Last time we were in Honduras I did everything myself. I am so thankful for the help. We had a meeting with the Sunday school workers to decide what was going to be done for Christmas. We decided on a drama and kids choir. We will have a small lunch for the kids and their parents after this and are hoping that we will have a good attendance and that this will get some of the parents interested in church.

No comments:

Post a Comment