Monday, November 13, 2006

Six years old


We now are proud parents of a six year old. Audrey really enjoyed her birthday. We had a nice time at home with just us. She got to pick her favorite meal for breakfast and dinner. We had pancakes for breakfast and spaghetti for dinner. She was very excited to open her presents after dinner. The cake was not a dismal failure that I had feared it would be. I usually decorate the cakes for the kids, but this time as we were in a trailer with limited space, I bought one of those hard candy cake topper kits from Walmart. I turned out really cute. She loved it. I took some pictures of her opening up her gifts, but the ones of the cake didn’t come out. We have a really cheap digital camera that does not show you the picture that you took. It also defaults to no flash every time the camera powers off. It is a huge frustration on our part trying to use this camera. We really are hoping to get a good camera soon. It is so frustrating to think you got a good picture and then find out later it is all black.

Audrey got some nice things. One of the things that we found that we loved was a pair of earmuffs and a stole that have the pink poodle dog design. She loved them. She went to bed last night with them on. I had to remove them in the middle of the night.

Today we are going to visit with Pastor Gordon who was the assistant Pastor at Faith when we were in college.

This weekend we will be at Heritage Baptist Church in Canal Winchester, OH. This is the church that Jason visited when he brought Carlos from Honduras for the Smales. Last night as I was getting the clothes out of the church dryer with Joey, who was in his jammies, I was talking to one of the church ladies. I was telling her of the blessing all of the clothes donated to us when Jason came with Carlos was. I told her that even Joey’s jammies that he was wearing were donated. She looked at them and told me that those used to be her sons. She was the one who donated them to us. I was amazed as I had no clue who the things were from. I was glad I finally got to say thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment