Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shopping in Honduras

Do you love shopping? Normally I do, but there are times when shopping in Honduras is just a big headache. For instance, yesterday we had to take in our computer to be repaired (the fan was making funny noises), then buy 20 postcards for a missionary family on deputation, Sunday school materials, and a charger for my cell phone. That took us all day. The hardest things to find were the postcards and cell phone charger. There is a rule in Honduras about shopping. If you think that in the future you may need it, buy it, because when you need it they won't have it. We tried finding the postcards in "tourist" shops near the airport and our house, but they didn't have anything. We tried several stores in the mall, but as we had given up and were leaving I saw some. Yeah! We were so excited not to have had the day wasted.
The cell phone charger was difficult to find. Everyone was out of them. We finally found one at the last cell phone store in the mall. Somehow my kids lost my other one. It still do not know how that happened because it was plugged in behind the VCR and not easy for a kid to reach. My cell phone is a European model so I have to have special adaptor for the plug head. They did not lose that, just the part I really need.
I normally love shopping, but when you have to shop all day to find one thing it can be frustrating. Next time you go shopping and are able to drive right to the store and they have the product you need, remember us and pray for us because if we are out shopping we will need an extra dose of patience. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment