Monday, January 05, 2009

My Birthday

Today was my birthday and it didn't start out to good. Matthew decided that I did not need to sleep last night, so I didn't wake up in the best mood. We did school and had to leave at 1:00 pm to go to Teguc for Dr's appointments for Matthew and Joey.

We have been having problems with bugs (Joey looks like he has the chicken pox, but it is some kind of insect bite) so we decided to set of bug bombs when we left for our appointments. We took the time to make sure all of the lights and electronic equipment was off, any food was put away, and the windows were shut. We then set off the bug bombs and ran out of the house. We started looking around and realized that we had shut two dogs and a cat in the house. The only dog that wasn't in the house was Snuggles (our pug) and he was in the neighbor's yard barking at their visitors. So we can back in the house and quickly found Anne (the mutt) and Mittens (the cat) and got them out. We couldn't find Max though. He is the husky mix that was given to us after Goldie (my Golden lab puppy) died. Jason and I held our breath and ran through the house several times and couldn't find him. This is unusual as Max is the one dog who will not stray from the yard. He was hit in the eye before we got him and is cross eyed now (we found out after we got him). This makes him timid. He is a great as a watchdog though as he sits by the front door while we are gone. Since he is a bigger dog everyone is afraid of him.

Anyway, we couldn't find Max. Jason and I decided we just had to leave him and hope he wasn't dead when we got back. Jason asked me to go and chain Snuggles up so we didn't lose him. As I was going into the neighbor's yard the fence snagged my shirt and ripped the sleeve (of course it was my favorite shirt). So once again I held my breath and entered the house. I quickly pulled a shirt out of my drawer (thankfully it was wrinkle free) and ran out of the house by way of the guest room entrance. We had shut the doors leading to the guest room from inside the house as we didn't buy enough bug bombs. When I got inside the guest room I took a huge breath of air and was greeted by Max who had found a nice cool room to lay in. I called him and being gun shy like he is he ran away from me.

I had my new shirt in my hand and picked up Max to take him outside. I got him out and got into the truck. With a great deal of difficulty, I changed my shirt (modestly) while Jason was driving, but when I was going to put it on I felt a wet spot. Thinking it was damp from the line I continued to put it on anyway. Once it was all the way on I noticed a strange smell and smelt the wet spot on the neck of my t-shirt. It was then I realized that as I picked up Max to take him outside in his excitement he had helped me "wash" my shirt again.

So I got to put back on my ripped shirt. I was going to try to do it modestly again, but it was not easy the first time I did it. So I crouched down on the floorboard and told the kids to shut their eyes and changed really fast. Thankfully we were on a deserted road.

After all that it didn't seem like anything else could go wrong and thankfully it didn't. We made it to the appointments on time and Matthew was given a clean bill of health. The doctor wanted him to put on at least a pound in these past two weeks, but Matthew gained 1lb 12 oz. Joey's arm also looks good and in a week and a half will get the stitches removed.

After the doctor's appointments Jason took me to an Argentinian Steakhouse and it was so yummy. The only way it would have been better is if they had served baked potatoes. YUMMY!!!

As we were leaving dinner, Jason had to run into the store and so I sat in the car with the kids and told them to start working on the last of their seatwork. It was then Audrey realized that she couldn't find her Spelling book. We tore the car apart and couldn't find it. Thankfully the restaurant was within 5 miles from the doctor's office. We returned and found it right away. I was thanking God for that one as we found it in another part of the doctor's office than where we were, but it was visible from the main doors.

We came home and had cake. Jason did a great job buying the cake. It was very good. Unfortunately he undid that good deed by telling everyone that I was turning 39 today. :-)

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting birthday!! Wow!
    At least you got to go out to eat after most of the mayhem had subsided. My birthday dinner, 2 weeks ago got ruined by a freezing rain storm, so I ended up having to COOK!! LOL, we went out a few days later, so no hard feelings.

    ...and Jason... You're a BAD man!!
    39 years old?! Shame on you!!

    ReplyDelete