Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Smart decisions

Have you ever done something and thought, "Boy that was not my smartest decision ever." As Jordan grows up I am sure he will have many of those moments, but yesterday will probably rank high on that list.

I was doing Audrey's math and I heard a crash and then a kid screaming. As I was running upstairs to find out what was wrong I heard Joey saying, "I'm sorry, Jordan. I'm sorry". So I (of course) thought that Joey had done something to Jordan. Jason, who was two steps ahead of me, was picking up Jordan off of the floor when I got there. We didn't know what had happened, but Joey was quickly climbing down from Jordan's top bunk. Once I found out that no bones were broken, I calmed Jordan down to see what happened.

Jordan told us that that it was not Joey's fault, but that he had been walking on his bed and fell off. That didn't make sense to me so I asked him again how he could fall off the bed. He told me "Well, it was because I had the garbage can on my head and I couldn't see." Thankfully he got away with a small bruise above his eye. It is a good thing he has a very hard head.

Can anyone tell me how someone can think that it is smart to walk on a top bunk with a garbage can on your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment