Sunday, November 04, 2007

My weekend

This weekend has been pretty hectic (isn't it always). Since we had a National Pastor stay with us it seemed like I spent most of the time in the kitchen. It was a great time of fellowship.

The kids have been sick for a while now. Audrey is just ending her second week and this morning I bundled her up and sent her to church. I am hoping that her cold will not get worse again. Today I stayed home with Joey whose cold is worse. He has been playing with his ear so I am hoping that it is not an ear infection. I have him some Children's Mucinex today and that has helped him to cough up some of the phlegm. He seemed to be better tonight so hopefully we won't need to take him in to the doctor for antibiotic.

It was so cold here today. Weather channel online said it is only 62 degrees outside. It is not so bad when the wind is not coming in the windows. If you have never seen Central American windows, they are like glass shutters. I do enjoy the cool weather thought. I am enjoying using my sweaters and turtlenecks again. This cold weather will only last for the next two months at the longest. The only negatives of the cold are sickness and low attendance in church as most people don't want to leave their fires and go out in the cold.

I finally got Audrey's princess dress done. We bought the fabric and pattern last year when they went on sale after Halloween. This will be one of Audrey's Birthday presents this year. She has already seen it as I had to try it on her to get the hem right. She doesn't get it until her birthday on Friday though. I embroidered the Mickey and Minnie that are on the bottom with my embroidery machine. Since I didn't have any princess patterns that I could embroider, Audrey asked if she could have this one. It was my first big embroidery piece. It took me just about an hour to do. It was not hard, but twice I cut the thread to close to the needle and had to start a color over. The machine needle broke once also and it was fun trying to figure out how to change it without restarting the whole project. Thankfully everything turned out great. The dress is big so she can wear it for a long time. She will have to wear a shirt for a while as the top is to big for her. I wanted to make sure that she could wear it at least until we go back to the states again or she grows out of playing dress up.




No comments:

Post a Comment