Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mini Vacation

While I was able to visit my family last December when I came to help out with my mom's surgery, It was hard to be in the states so long and not get to see them. Thankfully we arrived to our US home on Monday of last week. It was so great to get to see family and have a little time to relax.
The Lord really blessed us and provided our needs wonderfully since we have been here. One of these blessings was in the providing beds for the kids. We had a bunk bed donated, but it didn't have mattresses. I started looking on Craigslist and found two mattresses for $15.00 each. They were actually in good shape. YEAH!!! I had to buy some sheets for the beds so I went to Target (I had a gift card) and found them on sale for $5.00 a set. I needed to buy sheets to take back to Honduras anyway so we were excited to find such a good deal on them. The kids are loving having beds to sleep on.
This week my mom and dad gave Jason and I a mini vacation. They took the three oldest kids to the beach in their motor home. It has been just Jason, Matthew, and me at home. We have had a wonderful time. Matthew has thoroughly enjoyed his time alone with Mom and Dad. We have gone to the library twice and even got to go out and buy a pumpkin. We have had a great time and are very thankful for our mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment