Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happenings

So much has happened since I wrote last; I grew a year older, we had a great Ladies Meeting, Sunday school attendance has picked up, school started again, etc. Perhaps the greatest thing that happened is that Audrey learned to wash the dishes. I decided to teach her on Friday night. I had to stand by and give the dirty dishes to her again and again explaining how to clean them properly. Since then she has washed all of the dishes and I have not had to clean one of them again. There are times that I wish she was still a little baby, but when she is washing the dishes for me is not one of them. :-)

Today was a great day in Sunday school and church. We had only had one problem. We had to tell a Grandmother who sends her kids in that we cannot pick them up anymore if she is not coming with them. The kids were running crazy outside during the service (they were angels in Sunday school) and when I told them to go inside and listen to the preaching, they ran away from me. Thankfully they didn't get lost or hurt, but I was so worried that something was going to happen to them before we got them home. Isabelle came last week with her grandkids, but this week was a no show. Isabelle and her daughter both said that they want to come with the kids next week. I pray that this is so.
Tomorrow starts another school week. (Yuck) Jason will be gone most of this week on preaching engagements so it will just be me. When he gets home then Bro. Phil Gagnon is coming to stay with us for a few days. Bro. Phil has meetings with some national Pastors, but I believe he is running away from the ladies who are taking over his house. The Ladies Conference is this week and they have several ladies from the states coming to help them with all of the work. This year I don't get to go because there is no one to teach school. Jason will be with Bro. Phil at his meetings and I cannot drop classes for those days as the kids are going to miss a week when I am in the States in March and they may miss classes when the church comes for two weeks in April.
As Jordan finished his first homework assignment today, he came and gave me his book. He told me, "I am finally done with my homework and I don't want to read again, ever." He is always good for a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment